Sicilian cuisine is incredibly unique – while much of it is clearly Italian (there’s plenty of pastas, olive oils, wines and seafood) there are some commonly used ingredients that clearly stand out. Sicily is the cradle of flavours and aromas, thanks to nature and to the capable hands of the island's inhabitants who have transformed the enormous range of local ingredients at their disposal into veritable delicacies for the plate.
Today we would like to highlight two dishes: arancini and caponata. Both delicacy is magnificent, let's see!
- Insalate Taormina / Salad with orange and fennel
- Caponata / Sicily eggplant stew
- Arancini / Stuffed, deep fried rice balls
- Pesce spada al salmoriglio / Swordfish, salmoriglio dressing
- Cassata / Sicily ricotta & candied fruit cake
Please advice us on any food allergies or intolerance you might have.