Curious about Turkey? We’ll tell you all about Turkish customs and traditions, while cooking together.
Istanbul (which has also named Constantinople in the past) is still preserved their original socio-ethnic composition since the 17th century Ottoman period and where Muslims, Jews, Armenians and other Christians are still living together in peace. The combination of flavours and ingredients are blended together to form dishes historically influenced by those number of cultures. Turkish cuisine is one of the most appetizing and rich cuisines of the world, and Turkish people are known to be quite passionate about food.
- Topik / Chickpea dumpling filled with onions
- Pilaki / White bean salad
- İrmik helvası / Semolina balls, pine nut
- Pirasa köftesi / Spicy little meatballs
- Midye kavurma saganaki / Mussels stuffed with pepper, cheese and tomato
- Kaşkarikas / Zucchini salad, dill, garlic, goat-cheese pita